FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome
  • Guest

  • Main Menu
  • Sticky Articles
  • Open Support Tickets
Hell - Youtube Video
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> Islam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cosmicdancer
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 107



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Hell - Youtube Video  Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I just uploaded another video on youtube about Hell and although my questions are mainly aimed at Muslims, I thought people here might be interested to have a look.

Of course anyone is welcome to reply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1P8SPcXPY


ps - sorry for the poor sound quality again Baal - you will need to turn the volume right up. (I must invest in a proper Mic - or you in some powerful speakers Wink lol)
_________________
My Blog: http://abuali8881.blogspot.com/

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AhmedBahgat
Golden Member
Golden Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 671


Location: Australia
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hell - Youtube Video Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:
Hi Everyone

I just uploaded another video on youtube about Hell and although my questions are mainly aimed at Muslims, I thought people here might be interested to have a look.

Of course anyone is welcome to reply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1P8SPcXPY


ps - sorry for the poor sound quality again Baal - you will need to turn the volume right up. (I must invest in a proper Mic - or you in some powerful speakers Wink lol)



Hello

Sure, can you please list your questipns, bt I heard nothing from the video, just ask your questions and I will see if I have any comments to make

cheers
_________________
And say: Truth has arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is bound to perish.
[The Quran ; 17:81]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ibnishaq
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 155


Location: USA
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey cosmicdancer nice to hear from you again! i thought you left the forums and all and i was deeply saddened. i have been away too. it has given me time to reflect on life and search for the truth. but i am still in limbo. however i am not as anti islam as i was before and am now just trying to determine if it is true or not. and, i am for the most part over those silly miracles that i posted a month + ago.

ok, so back on topic!!

your video makes great points about hell. i can not understand an eternal hell. it is hard enough to percieve 20 years, and to think of eternal is just beyond my capabilities!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
HomoErectus
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 27 Nov 2007
Posts: 332


Location: Germany
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear CD

You raise the most important question regarding islam - FEAR !

WE all know this fear from muslims, as well as from ex-muslims, since this part of the "religion" lingers in your subconscious, until you make it to KICK this absurd thought OUT !

Even if I ASSUME that there is a "hell" - lotsa questions remain unanswered...

Like "burning forever", with "new skin" all the time, torture forever....

When we die, we LEAVE our bodies behind, so all this must be regarding the SOUL, and thus no "new skin" needed anymore...

Can a soul "burn" ?

Metaphorically, yes, all this "can" happen, if you believe in heaven/hell and the whole reward/punishment system !

If you make it beyond the limit of "belief", you can LAUGH this idea of heaven/hell and reward/punishment out of your house, for it never to return !

Why would a "god" punish you ?

He is supposed to have "made" you - why create something and then destroy it ?

It reminds me of a brat, who - in his anger - destroys all the toys he is surrounded with, out of boredom, or frustration, hammer down on them...

Now, I'm an agnostic - I say "I don't know" !
And how could I "know" ?

But one thing CAN only be for sure - IF there is a "god" he/she/it will surely not be "out" to beat on me, to punish me, to "burn me forever", to make me suffer in torments and drown in my pain !

THIS is a stupid concept !

And sure it is man-made, to place exactly the mentioned FEAR into your heart, to make you toe the line - absolute control !

The FEAR-FACTOR is the most disgusting part of this religion called "islam" !

You can get over it, but as you can see, it will take more time than you thought with your upper-conscience !

IF you think about a possible "god" - it must be an embracing entity, not a mean and greedy, revengeful [what for ?], nasty "god" !

There is no heaven or hell !
Rest assured !

All the best for you !
_________________
Upright is better than bent-over !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
All_Brains
Master Administrator
Master Administrator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 632



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello CD

I will briefly comment on your hell tube by saying that it makes no sense to me either!

I think it's man-made and there is no two ways about it. Man have used fear from day one to reach certain goals and religion, particularly Islam, is the the pinnacle of this skill.

My real comment is about you...What a kind and sincere face you have! It's like almost I have known you for ages!!!

I love your excellent Arabic pronunciation and pure English accent!

I would have liked to be in the same town, so that I can take you to a pub, have few drinks, watch some football and chat about everything until the cows come home!

I am also very proud of you that you have completely broken free and had the courage to show your face while critiquing some Islamic doctrine and beliefs....

You have conquered fear and ignorance!

Salaam ya Sahby!
_________________
A little boy prayed for a bike. Then he realized God doesn't work that way so he stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
www.all-brains.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HomoErectus
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 27 Nov 2007
Posts: 332


Location: Germany
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All_Brains wrote:
Hello CD


I am also very proud of you that you have completely broken free and had the courage to show your face while critiquing some Islamic doctrine and beliefs....

You have conquered fear and ignorance!

Salaam ya Sahby!



Yes, I also noticed that !
And he has a "good face" too !

And it is indeed a sign of his "growing up" or better "growing out" of islam/religion !

There is a sun above us, always shining, always providing us with warmth and light, and all we need to live - food for our bodies and soul !

No  Very Happy  I'm not a "sun-worshipper" - its just symbolic !
_________________
Upright is better than bent-over !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Baal
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 445



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CD, just watched the hell video. You are very presentable with a very good voice and as AB mentioned good accents in both languages you use.

You have everything a presenter needs to succeed but you still seem to lack the amount of self-confidence that should go along your presentation talent. A little more faceplay will go a long way. Maybe face the camera more often?

As for the material presented in the hell video. At the end of the verse you used from Nisaa, it said: "So they can taste 'al Azab'". You translated it to 'taste the punishment', you should translate it to 'taste the torture'.

Never forget, the terms always sound so much nicer in English then how they are in Arabic. There is not a single verse that sound more barbaric in English then its original Arabic.

I think the only translation I have seen so far that might show the koran for what it really means, is the few verses that were translated by Ahmed Bahgat.

Also if you ever make a followup video, do not forget to add a bit about boiling water. Seventeen times we are told boiling water is used to torture people which is bad enough and not even ONCE, does the koran tell us something useful about boiling water like for example, boiling water to make it safer for consumption.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cosmicdancer
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 107



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone Smile

Thanks for all the comments - I am in a rush so will try and reply more later.


All_Brains wrote:
Hello CD

I will briefly comment on your hell tube by saying that it makes no sense to me either!

I think it's man-made and there is no two ways about it. Man have used fear from day one to reach certain goals and religion, particularly Islam, is the the pinnacle of this skill.

My real comment is about you...What a kind and sincere face you have! It's like almost I have known you for ages!!!

I love your excellent Arabic pronunciation and pure English accent!

I would have liked to be in the same town, so that I can take you to a pub, have few drinks, watch some football and chat about everything until the cows come home!

I am also very proud of you that you have completely broken free and had the courage to show your face while critiquing some Islamic doctrine and beliefs....

You have conquered fear and ignorance!

Salaam ya Sahby!


Walaykum Assalam Habibi AB, it would be an honour to sit with you over a pint of fine ale and have a good chat about life Smile

Yes - you are perceptive - the real break-through is that I really am not scared to say who I am and show my face - especially since many people know who I was - but I no longer feel afraid of other people. I am free to say what I feel and have NOTHING to be ashamed of.

Smile
_________________
My Blog: http://abuali8881.blogspot.com/

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tvebak
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 280


Location: Around
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I told you they would love your mug  Wink

Baal even wants to see more of it.

Quote:
A little more faceplay will go a long way. Maybe face the camera more often


It's quite clear; Love is all around  geek  .

Peace
_________________
Yes, we have a "soul"; but it's made of lots of tiny robots. - Daniel Dennet

It's mine "." ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cosmicdancer
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 107



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baal wrote:
Hey CD, just watched the hell video. You are very presentable with a very good voice and as AB mentioned good accents in both languages you use.

You have everything a presenter needs to succeed but you still seem to lack the amount of self-confidence that should go along your presentation talent. A little more faceplay will go a long way. Maybe face the camera more often?

As for the material presented in the hell video. At the end of the verse you used from Nisaa, it said: "So they can taste 'al Azab'". You translated it to 'taste the punishment', you should translate it to 'taste the torture'.

Never forget, the terms always sound so much nicer in English then how they are in Arabic. There is not a single verse that sound more barbaric in English then its original Arabic.

I think the only translation I have seen so far that might show the koran for what it really means, is the few verses that were translated by Ahmed Bahgat.

Also if you ever make a followup video, do not forget to add a bit about boiling water. Seventeen times we are told boiling water is used to torture people which is bad enough and not even ONCE, does the koran tell us something useful about boiling water like for example, boiling water to make it safer for consumption.


Thanks for the comments Baal (and others Smile ) Yes, I lack confidence - BerberElla said that too - and I know it is true anyway.


_________________
My Blog: http://abuali8881.blogspot.com/

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> Islam All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
 
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum