FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome
  • Guest

  • Main Menu
  • Sticky Articles
  • Open Support Tickets
Poetic Fatwa on Women and the Internet

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> Islam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baal
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 445



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Poetic Fatwa on Women and the Internet  Reply with quote

This is from 2004.



Personal Translation:

Quote:

New Fatwa:
No Internet to the woman except with a Muharam (A person that watches over what is haram)!

Riyad - Aylaf

Two Saudi Sheikhs Uthman AlKhamees & Saad Al Ghamdy decreed a fatwa making the Internet haram for the woman because of the "Evil Vileness of her Turned Page". The Fatwa added that "The woman is not allowed to open the Internet except in the presence of a Muharam knowledgeable about the woman's whoredom and wileyness"



Notice the flowery images the Sheikhs used 'vileness of her turned page'. It implies that she is "Turning her page" as in "Hiding something" and that her act of "Hiding something" is the result of her "Evil Vileness".

Don't you love the poetry?

This is what the Arabic language was designed to do, make it easy for poets to come up with flowery images and not worry about rhyming. It is because of things like this all over the Koran that makes people think higher of the koran. To me, because I see the hatred right between the lines of poetry, it makes it very hard for me to accept that book just like I have a very hard time accepting the poetic language used by those Two human monsters who made this fatwa.

To be fair to the posters of the fatwa. It was done in 2004 i Kuwait, commenting about a fatwa from Saudi. They used "!" all over the Fatwa to indicate how surprised they are at the language used in that Fatwa.


Last edited by Baal on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
All_Brains
Master Administrator
Master Administrator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 632



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just plain ignorant and disgusting!
_________________
A little boy prayed for a bike. Then he realized God doesn't work that way so he stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
www.all-brains.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Baal
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 445



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey AB, I added the last  paragraph since you posted.

It is sad that Two guys in religious authority, actually sat down and came up with this. You would think One will say it and the other will warn him or hold him back, instead, they both were in for it. You more then most, can really realize how mild my translation is compared to the words these guys used.

In English we say words like whore and fvck. But in Arabic, those words are still taboos and for those guys to throw them like this displays very high level of contempts to any Arab who will read this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
All_Brains
Master Administrator
Master Administrator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 632



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baal wrote:
Hey AB, I added the last  paragraph since you posted.

It is sad that Two guys in religious authority, actually sat down and came up with this. You would think One will say it and the other will warn him or hold him back, instead, they both were in for it. You more then most, can really realize how mild my translation is compared to the words these guys used.

In English we say words like whore and fvck. But in Arabic, those words are still taboos and for those guys to throw them like this displays very high level of contempts to any Arab who will read this.


Agreed!

The Arabic used is absurd. Just showed my wife your post and she inspired this response which I have also posted in the council forum:

Obviously Saudi men don't know how to delete the history of their own browsing, hence the convenient fatwa! Wink  Laughing
_________________
A little boy prayed for a bike. Then he realized God doesn't work that way so he stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
www.all-brains.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Baal
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 445



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All_Brains wrote:
Baal wrote:
Hey AB, I added the last  paragraph since you posted.

It is sad that Two guys in religious authority, actually sat down and came up with this. You would think One will say it and the other will warn him or hold him back, instead, they both were in for it. You more then most, can really realize how mild my translation is compared to the words these guys used.

In English we say words like whore and fvck. But in Arabic, those words are still taboos and for those guys to throw them like this displays very high level of contempts to any Arab who will read this.


Agreed!

The Arabic used is absurd. Just showed my wife your post and she inspired this response which I have also posted in the council forum:

Obviously Saudi men don't know how to delete the history of their own browsing, hence the convenient fatwa! Wink  Laughing

Oh my god her reply is so bad. Specially in the light that Saudi ranks Second in the world on google searching for pervert sex.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
All_Brains
Master Administrator
Master Administrator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 632



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baal wrote:
All_Brains wrote:
Baal wrote:
Hey AB, I added the last  paragraph since you posted.

It is sad that Two guys in religious authority, actually sat down and came up with this. You would think One will say it and the other will warn him or hold him back, instead, they both were in for it. You more then most, can really realize how mild my translation is compared to the words these guys used.

In English we say words like whore and fvck. But in Arabic, those words are still taboos and for those guys to throw them like this displays very high level of contempts to any Arab who will read this.


Agreed!

The Arabic used is absurd. Just showed my wife your post and she inspired this response which I have also posted in the council forum:

Obviously Saudi men don't know how to delete the history of their own browsing, hence the convenient fatwa! Wink  Laughing

Oh my god her reply is so bad. Specially in the light that Saudi ranks Second in the world on google searching for pervert sex.


Yep, that's the point Baal! Because Saudi men browse perverted sex sites and don't know how to delete the history, the the fatwa is designed to let women on the Internet on their own...so that they may never discover the big secret!
_________________
A little boy prayed for a bike. Then he realized God doesn't work that way so he stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
www.all-brains.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Baal
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 445



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All_Brains wrote:
Baal wrote:
All_Brains wrote:
Baal wrote:
Hey AB, I added the last  paragraph since you posted.

It is sad that Two guys in religious authority, actually sat down and came up with this. You would think One will say it and the other will warn him or hold him back, instead, they both were in for it. You more then most, can really realize how mild my translation is compared to the words these guys used.

In English we say words like whore and fvck. But in Arabic, those words are still taboos and for those guys to throw them like this displays very high level of contempts to any Arab who will read this.


Agreed!

The Arabic used is absurd. Just showed my wife your post and she inspired this response which I have also posted in the council forum:

Obviously Saudi men don't know how to delete the history of their own browsing, hence the convenient fatwa! Wink  Laughing

Oh my god her reply is so bad. Specially in the light that Saudi ranks Second in the world on google searching for pervert sex.


Yep, that's the point Baal! Because Saudi men browse perverted sex sites and don't know how to delete the history, the the fatwa is designed to let women on the Internet on their own...so that they may never discover the big secret!

I meant bad.. for the Saudi men Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> Islam All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1
 
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum