Archive for FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT BREAK THE CHAINS OF IGNORANCE AND FEAR
 


       FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Psycho Bunny

The Bunny has landed!

Hello people

Another refugee from another forum here. I was expected to grovel to a couple of megalomaniacs to be let out of their sin-bin, after I "insulted" the moderators and their moderation policy.

As a couple of people appear to be running this forum (as opposed to ruining it, like those at CEMB) I have decided to impart some of my energy here, in the hope that we can get this forum moving.

I am not a Muslim, and I think most religions are like drugs. Addictive and not worth the cost.

I make no attempts to be "nice" or to flatter people. If you are talking through your arse, I will tell you.

I will not - as I was expected to at CEMB - tell people what they want to hear.

But anyway, hello people, and if All-Brains pops in - good luck with the baby and the clinic.
BMZ

Re: The Bunny has landed!

Greetings, PB and glad to see you here.

Welcome

BMZ
Psycho Bunny

Thanks for the welcome BMZ

Nice to see you (and Ahmed) here.

I am curious - why did you two stop posting at the "Council of ex-Muslims" forum?

I think that forum is developing a couple of management issues now, but I believe it started with good intentions.
HomoErectus

And wasn't it about time that the bunny landed here...

After all, this is the place to discuss the "gods" !

The "bunny in the sky" is definitely one of those.

What the heck, one god more or less wont do the universe no more harm than what is already done...

You're very much welcome here !
Psycho Bunny

Thank you for the welcome, Mr HE.
AhmedBahgat

Psycho Bunny wrote:
Nice to see you (and Ahmed) here.

I am curious - why did you two stop posting at the "Council of ex-Muslims" forum?

I think that forum is developing a couple of management issues now, but I believe it started with good intentions.


Salam mate

I actually didn't stop posting there, I just found it hard to read as well I'm not happy that i can't post the Arabic text of the Quran, another reason maybe that i found most in there are typical kafirs or typical infidels, they just didn't impress me so I decided to take a long break from there but will be back, same with FFI, I have stopped posting there for very long time inshaallah

Welcome to this place, I actually like it in here

cheers
Anti-Jihad

Hello Bunny,

And welcome aboard.

AJ.
BMZ

Psycho Bunny wrote:
Thanks for the welcome BMZ

Nice to see you (and Ahmed) here.

I am curious - why did you two stop posting at the "Council of ex-Muslims" forum?

I think that forum is developing a couple of management issues now, but I believe it started with good intentions.


Hello, PB

I think Ahmed expressed it well. As for me, I found most of the posters at CEM childish. However, I do write there once in a blue moon. I enjoyed exchanges there with you and Wiking.

I like it here.

Salaams
BMZ
BMZ

Anti-Jihad wrote:
Hello Bunny,

And welcome aboard.

AJ.


Welcome to the Board would have been more appropriate, AJ. lol!

BMZ
Psycho Bunny

Thanks for the welcome people.

After being treated like a cunt by the power-intoxicated and fanatical Mods on CEMB - I don't know if I will be dealing much with forums in the future.
AhmedBahgat

Yeh mate I went there yesterday and read these threads, it's a shame, they sound like a bunch of control freaks, I have replied to these posts mate and also played a bit with osman the thug, he is not fit to be a forum admin nor a foum mod

cheers
Psycho Bunny

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Yeh mate I went there yesterday and read these threads, it's a shame, they sound like a bunch of control freaks, I have replied to these posts mate and also played a bit with osman the thug, he is not fit to be a forum admin nor a foum mod

cheers


I noticed your posts there. Those things needed to be said. Well done. I am only the first non-Muslim to be sent to "Damnation". Treating people in there as cheap sport highlights a nasty trend.

Firstly it makes those treated that way leave altogether or stay and get bitter, and it also puts Muslims off joining. Secondly, as you said, it highlights how unfit to be moderators they are.

Raza is a young bloke and occasionally makes the comments a young guy would make - but seeing how badly he was treated in Damnation, I am surprised he did not become as bitter and angry as I have become after only 12 days of being placed there. I was guilty of teasing him at first, but now the shoe is on the other foot, I see that it is so much like schoolyard bullying. And schoolyard bullies never get far in life.

I have had to apologise to Raza - he conducted himself far better than I would have done if virtually a whole forum ganged up on me. I have been very foul mouthed and abusive recently with only a couple of Moderators on my case.

I think it is something that Osmanthus remembers from his schooldays, and thinks will keep people "in line". If you don't treat people as human beings with a little dignity, they have no incentive to be decent. And I can see why no new Muslims join there, seeing how the few they have are deliberately abused by the two sickos who are senior moderators.

And seing how Miss B has whined abut how she was bullied, it is so interesting to see her become a bully. And how vindictive she gets when "called" on that.
humandecency

Hi there bunny with the Midarse touch. Everywhere you've been seems to turn into rabbits' doo-ies.
Much turbulent fitna and turbulent times of tribulation.
Either way, they give you, or you give them, the arse. Hence the Midarse Touch.

Not that I'm necessarily blaming you, but just noting the odd coincidence.

Let's hope you have better luck here.
Baal

Welcome Bunny,

To be honest, it was a matter of short while before you or me ended in damnation while the kinks were being ironed. Glad it was you. Your older so your fuse was shorter then me Braise Allah. Hope they will use 'your' experience to iron out the kinks and the whole thing will get back properly on foot.

As for you being the first non-muslim in there, I think TT was there before you, but you are the First to be put there that we actually like. Not that we do not like TT, most of us like him but it is hard to imagine him in any thread other then Damnation.
Anti-Jihad

AhmedBahgat wrote:
I'm not happy that i can't post the Arabic text of the Quran


In other words, I could not fool people over there.

bwuahahahahahahaha
AhmedBahgat

Anti-Jihad wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
I'm not happy that i can't post the Arabic text of the Quran


In other words, I could not fool people over there.

bwuahahahahahahaha


It's for those who can read Arabic you ignorant
Psycho Bunny

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Anti-Jihad wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
I'm not happy that i can't post the Arabic text of the Quran


In other words, I could not fool people over there.

bwuahahahahahahaha


It's for those who can read Arabic you ignorant


A suggestion, Ahmed.

I use Zoomshare to host some of my images and MP3s. Sadly, they have recently ruled that the sound files cannot be "linked to" from another site due to bandwidth limits, though if you give the links to your (free) Zoomshare web page, they can be heard there.

However, they so far are not placing any limits on video images such as these:

Video example 1

QT movie

Therefore, I suggest you get yourself a free Zoomshare account (more easy to manage than Photobucket etc) and use it to host your swf videos, and also your screen-grabs of Arabic text from your own computer.

Then you can link to those pages or use the url of their specific images in forums, thus:



Check out their site:

http://www.zoomshare.com/

It is all free, and you have 250 mb of space.
AhmedBahgat

Psycho Bunny wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
Anti-Jihad wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
I'm not happy that i can't post the Arabic text of the Quran


In other words, I could not fool people over there.

bwuahahahahahahaha


It's for those who can read Arabic you ignorant


A suggestion, Ahmed.

I use Zoomshare to host some of my images and MP3s. Sadly, they have recently ruled that the sound files cannot be "linked to" from another site due to bandwidth limits, though if you give the links to your (free) Zoomshare web page, they can be heard there.

However, they so far are not placing any limits on video images such as these:

Video example 1

QT movie

Therefore, I suggest you get yourself a free Zoomshare account (more easy to manage than Photobucket etc) and use it to host your swf videos, and also your screen-grabs of Arabic text from your own computer.

Then you can link to those pages or use the url of their specific images in forums, thus:



Check out their site:

http://www.zoomshare.com/

It is all free, and you have 250 mb of space.


Thanks mate

I actually use my own web server in my company to host free-islam and everything I put on the web, i have no limit of  as you can guess and I'm in full control as well will never lose my work because my web server will never go bust, but I appreciate the info

cheers
XXX

Nice to see you here PB.
Psycho Bunny

XXX wrote:
Nice to see you here PB.


And very good to see you here too, XXX! How are you? Do you still post on FFI?
XXX

Psycho Bunny wrote:
XXX wrote:
Nice to see you here PB.


And very good to see you here too, XXX! How are you? Do you still post on FFI?

I've been good, thanks and you?
Not posted on FFI for a few weeks now. I don't intend on posting there anymore either. It brings out the worst in me. And ever since people like you, Phed, sahara etc it just isn't worth being there.

Not really gone near a forum which discuses Islam or any religion for that matter.
They give me head-aches and make me want to physically hurt people that post things which pi*s me off.

I've had great peace of mind over the past few weeks, enjoying myself on forums chatting about the Football team i support and just finding ways to fill the huge amount of time i seem to have.

I just decided to pop in here, like i do every now and then.
Baal

Welcome XXX,
Psycho Bunny

Well it's good to hear you are OK, XXX.

I tend to agree with you to a point. Religious discussions can bring out the worst in people.
HomoErectus

Thats why we reject religious discussions, to not bring out the worst in us... Rolling Eyes
Wiking

Welcome PB.
Yes, the vitality of the CEMB forum is on the decline. They probably think they will attract more ex Muslims that way.
BMZ

Wiking wrote:
Welcome PB.
Yes, the vitality of the CEMB forum is on the decline. They probably think they will attract more ex Muslims that way.


Greetings, Wiking.

Just a request, if you can. Can you get back the same avatar? It goes so well with your writing style. I have always liked it.

Cheers
BMZ
Psycho Bunny

I agree with BMZ - The earlier avatar was cartoon character Hagar, and this seems to be his wife
kafir forever

Wiking wrote:
Welcome PB.
Yes, the vitality of the CEMB forum is on the decline. They probably think they will attract more ex Muslims that way.


They have started down the entirely subjective PC path, and while politeness is preferrable to obnoxius insults, it is entirely arbitrary.  It is destroying Europe, Canada and America.  If it can do that, how can a forum survive?
Baal

Wiking wrote:
Welcome PB.
Yes, the vitality of the CEMB forum is on the decline. They probably think they will attract more ex Muslims that way.

The site is designed for ex-muslims. So I can understand that they take steps to attract ex-muslims. Do you think they are wasting their time attracting ex-muslims? or are they attracting the wrong ex-muslims?
Psycho Bunny

I think they are trying too hard to not be offensive to existing Muslims. And that to me is stupidity. If they have basic rules about politeness and offence, there would be no problems. Muslims would not get insulted, and could express themselves.

But it seems that the admin/moderators feel free to dish out their own childish insults at anyone who does not toe the PC line. Take the views about Israel and Palestinians - you will find a large portion of the mods are either ambivalent on this issue or pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli.

The forum is doomed by its poor leadership and its approval of anything PC. It is getting more like a Socialist Worker Party debate than a forum for apostates and their friends.
Baal

Psycho Bunny wrote:

I think they are trying too hard to not be offensive to existing Muslims. And that to me is stupidity. If they have basic rules about politeness and offence, there would be no problems. Muslims would not get insulted, and could express themselves.

It started from the view that FFI is a hate site and that they did not want to be like FFI. IMO only Mrs.Westerner was consistently  going over the top and even her would not be considered hate. Only over zeal.

Psycho Bunny wrote:

But it seems that the admin/moderators feel free to dish out their own childish insults at anyone who does not toe the PC line.

IMO they are new to it. Osmanthus should have stuck to being the technical Admin and then they should have got an experienced Admin. Again, the fact they considered FFI to be a hate site, made them not want to call up on the FFI admins for help.

So they have to learn from scratch and break few (lots) eggs around the way. How are your Two eggs for now PB?

Psycho Bunny wrote:

Take the views about Israel and Palestinians - you will find a large portion of the mods are either ambivalent on this issue or pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli.

They can believe in Satan (Gal Galalo) and hang his picture in their cars for all I care. As long as they separate their opinion about the Dark Lord (Gal Galalo) and their modding. But there is like 4 mods, which are anti-israel?

Psycho Bunny wrote:

The forum is doomed by its poor leadership and its approval of anything PC. It is getting more like a Socialist Worker Party debate than a forum for apostates and their friends.

Yes but Tavarish PB, do you prefer the slingmatches?
kafir forever

Psycho Bunny wrote:
I think they are trying too hard to not be offensive to existing Muslims. And that to me is stupidity. If they have basic rules about politeness and offence, there would be no problems. Muslims would not get insulted, and could express themselves.


Agreed, but in their defense, I think they are trying to avoid the tone at FFI.

Quote:
But it seems that the admin/moderators feel free to dish out their own childish insults at anyone who does not toe the PC line.


That is the logical consequence of Political Correctness.  There must be a ruling elite that decides what is correct or not, and that decision cannot be based on objective criteria.  It is totally subjective, and the elite must be exempt.  For example, one cannot use the n-word to refer to a black UNLESS you are a black rapper or another black.  PC is based on double (even multiple) standards, and they are all subjective.

I have started a thread over there on exactly this subject, and Berbs agrees.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php/topic,2205.0.html

Quote:
Take the views about Israel and Palestinians - you will find a large portion of the mods are either ambivalent on this issue or pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli.

The forum is doomed by its poor leadership and its approval of anything PC. It is getting more like a Socialist Worker Party debate than a forum for apostates and their friends.


If PC can destroy Europe, Canada and America, why would a forum be exempt?
Baal

kafir forever wrote:
Psycho Bunny wrote:
I think they are trying too hard to not be offensive to existing Muslims. And that to me is stupidity. If they have basic rules about politeness and offence, there would be no problems. Muslims would not get insulted, and could express themselves.

Agreed, but in their defense, I think they are trying to avoid the tone at FFI.

Very minor modifications would have been enough.

kafir forever wrote:

I have started a thread over there on exactly this subject, and Berbs agrees.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php/topic,2205.0.html

Checking it.

kafir forever wrote:

If PC can destroy Europe, Canada and America, why would a forum be exempt?

What is PC? It is like a 'fit-all' word that people can stick on whatever they do not like. Alternatively, you can call it Nazi and it will work just as well.

PC and Nazi became the Two favorite Strawman tools. We declare something as PC and then claim how PC is destroying Canada and the US, and then we claim victory.

I prefer to talk in details rather then just painting them with the PC brush. I like the nutty gritties! Do not forget, COEM lost a lot by calling FFI a hate site rather then just discussing how to improve on what is already there.

Now I understand the conditions under which COEM was built in regards to FFI but still.
kafir forever

Baal wrote:
What is PC? It is like a 'fit-all' word that people can stick on whatever they do not like. Alternatively, you can call it Nazi and it will work just as well.

PC and Nazi became the Two favorite Strawman tools. We declare something as PC and then claim how PC is destroying Canada and the US, and then we claim victory.

I prefer to talk in details rather then just painting them with the PC brush. I like the nutty gritties! Do not forget, COEM lost a lot by calling FFI a hate site rather then just discussing how to improve on what is already there.

Now I understand the conditions under which COEM was built in regards to FFI but still.


PC, aka Political Correctness, is the art of turning anything you do not like into an insult, and then using it to justify condemnation of the alleged insultor.  Especially, if you can use a highly charged term, oh for example racist, you can make the accusastion and then shut down debate.

The foundation of PC is the alleged insult, but since insults are so subjective, there is no objective criteria than can be applied to determine when someone has been insulted.  Furthermore, the underlying assumption, which I challenge vehemently, is that everyone has some inalienable right to NOT be insulted.  This, of course, is impossible.  What one person perceives as an insult, someone else does not.  And even if a real insult is inflicted, so what?  "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me (as in physically)."

My point is that once you go down the path of trying to avoid insulting someone, you are on a totally arbitrary, slippery slope where anyone can claim to be insulted by something, and you have absolutely no objective criteria to determine otherwise, and therefore, the judgment of whether or not an insult has occured is totally based on the subjective whim of those who make the determination.  When one person can claim to be insulted by something, and by complaining force a majority of those who were not insulted to conform to some edict in favor of the complainant, you have tyranny.

That is the path that councilofexmuslims.com has embarked upon, and I object to it in that thread.

As an example of how PC is destroying the West, you cannot name Islam as the enemy of civilization, because it is a "protected" religion.  Imagine what would have happened if we had applied that same criterion to Nazism, or the Italian version of Fascism.

P.S., the American version of Fascism is just as bad, in the long run.
Psycho Bunny

The PCism is one that means that whatever the clique in the admin team decides is OK will be deemed as OK, and whatever they don't like they will try to get rid of entirely.

Like myself for example. I may have bashed the "moderatrix" for attitudes I did not like. But these responses which Osmanthus disclosed from their private Mod forum show their thinking - and this is after keeping me in their damnation area for 21 days.

Sir Galahad wrote:

BerberElla wrote:

Why did he get let out again?  it was pretty fucking obvious he hadn't changed so why was it he got out? :banghead:

I do not know. I remain in favour of banning him forever. This includes banning all his future incarnations on sight.


and

Iris wrote:

Okay, and tell him we are all agreed. This constant sniping and undermining is pissing me off too. If he thinks this place is too PC for him he can bugger off.


I will not change my attitudes to suit anyone - and the fact that they even thought I should change shows the collectivist mentality - gang up on someone, try to make the person feel isolated, and then force that person to repent. Being an individual, I don't buy that crap. And thus they considered banning me permanently.

I do not see myself as a "troll" type, but the desire of any moderator to insult those in their "damnation" zone is quite frankly sickening.

Because I am not hugely sympathetic to people who smoke pot while being subsidised by tax payers I am suddenly the villain of the peace. And I refuse to accept the "rights" of someone who makes out her victimhood then acts like a bully to those she does not like.

What the Mods think as normal posters is one thing - but when they are Mods they must not get involved in picking on others. Otherwise they have no moral footing to criticise anyone.

And that is a problem - Ali Sina may have had faults, but at least he could take criticism of his approach. If I offer any criticism it is never the criticism that is listened to - the mere fact that I dared to speak out means I get threatened (in another instance) with expulsion.

Notice that the most PC moderator - leftist Sir Galahad - is also the one who never bothers to address me personally (even though we once used to exchange emails in the past) but being a leftist he wants me removed entirely from the forum.

I may have been rude, but tough shit. I am hardly a troll. I am a forceful personality and I speak my mind.

But in a PC environment, that is forbidden. We must all accept that Maryam Nizamie - despite being a bloody communist - is a heroic icon who must be praised. I wouldn't piss on her if she is on fire. I hate leftists.

And Iris thinks that with those attitudes I should leave.

Which is all the more reason to stay, to stop them getting so stuck up their own arses they lose touch with reality.
kafir forever

Whoa, PB.  Did Os send you this private information?  I am not surprised by SG, he is truly a liberal prick, and I really do not know much about Iris.  I would think Berbs attitute is emotional and personal, and Os is somewhere in between.

Where am I wrong, according to PB?
Baal

Well, they had been praying to the PC gods (SG) and they got themselves a PC curse. Let us see how they will deal with BloodCrazedMuslim. IMO a parasite that adapted perfectly to tread over the PCness of his culture.

Of course, I can not get myself to blame BCM. I can only blame the environment that allows him to get away with what he gets away with.

Now is CEOM too PC? I think they (and we) have a problem that muslims love to swear. It is inherent in a muslim to swear and use smilies. A muslim that does not swear is like a fish that can breath air. He exists, but he is so damn rare.

As long as he addresses muslims, he can get away without swearing (at the muslims) but as soon as he gets questioned or put on the spot, then it is One swear after another. Should we tolerate that? or should we just ban it on both sides?

Just because PB and me like to swear every now and then, do I have to allow a muslim who likes to swears ALL the time?

KF, you mentioned that PC leads to Tyranny, and I agree. I am however tempted to ban swearing all together, not because I am a nice leftist, but because I am a tyrant and I prefer to take away the weapons of choice of my opponent.

If my opponent is stupid enough that he can not walk a step without swearing (Tourette), then shouldn't I take away that option from the table? I know I can survive debates as I make my points without swearing, can he?

If I ban swearing for my own pragmatic reasons, am I PC?
Psycho Bunny

kafir forever wrote:
Whoa, PB.  Did Os send you this private information?  I am not surprised by SG, he is truly a liberal prick, and I really do not know much about Iris.  I would think Berbs attitute is emotional and personal, and Os is somewhere in between.

Where am I wrong, according to PB?


This is where Os sent the info:
http://www.councilofexmuslims.com...topic,2082.msg55989.html#msg55989

And since then, even though I have tried to be more "objective" it always ends up in some sort of conflict with the Mods.

And your general assessments are spot-on.
Psycho Bunny

Baal wrote:
Well, they had been praying to the PC gods (SG) and they got themselves a PC curse. Let us see how they will deal with BloodCrazedMuslim. IMO a parasite that adapted perfectly to tread over the PCness of his culture.

Of course, I can not get myself to blame BCM. I can only blame the environment that allows him to get away with what he gets away with.

Now is CEOM too PC? I think they (and we) have a problem that muslims love to swear. It is inherent in a muslim to swear and use smilies. A muslim that does not swear is like a fish that can breath air. He exists, but he is so damn rare.

As long as he addresses muslims, he can get away without swearing (at the muslims) but as soon as he gets questioned or put on the spot, then it is One swear after another. Should we tolerate that? or should we just ban it on both sides?

Just because PB and me like to swear every now and then, do I have to allow a muslim who likes to swears ALL the time?

KF, you mentioned that PC leads to Tyranny, and I agree. I am however tempted to ban swearing all together, not because I am a nice leftist, but because I am a tyrant and I prefer to take away the weapons of choice of my opponent.

If my opponent is stupid enough that he can not walk a step without swearing (Tourette), then shouldn't I take away that option from the table? I know I can survive debates as I make my points without swearing, can he?

If I ban swearing for my own pragmatic reasons, am I PC?


I don't think banning swearing would be a bad thing. It would be a sort of "self-discipline" that would perhaps stop people edging into being insulting.

I find that on the other place, seeing their main mod swearing with abandon is a bit disturbing. Especially when he jumps on others for what he considers to be infractions when their offences seem "subtle".

But does BCM swear a lot? He does exploit the PC culture of Canada where he comes from, and sometimes - even on FFI - he was downright rude in quite a depraved way.

I think Baal, that you and HomoErectus must take things as they come, and judge according to the situation.

When the other place started, there was little need for Moderation as there was not too much traffic. As it increased, then it became plain that having no agreed policies was a bad idea.

But there is nothing PC about banning swearing. It sets a limit on how people express themselves and keeps them in focus. It is up to you, I think.

At least you do not have "Damnation" which is a disgusting notion of "discipline". Forums should not be about disciplining others. Ban people temporarily or permanently, but let people discipline themselves.
ixolite

The aims of FFI and CoEM are different. FFI wants to educate about Islam, CoEM wants to help apostates. That they try and have a different approach is understandable, the future will tell how (or if) it works out.

As for the rest: Everyone makes mistakes and eventually one will learn from them.
Psycho Bunny

ixolite wrote:
As for the rest: Everyone makes mistakes and eventually one will learn from them.


I see no process of learning on the part of the Mods - only a development of a clique mentality.
kafir forever

Baal wrote:
Well, they had been praying to the PC gods (SG) and they got themselves a PC curse. Let us see how they will deal with BloodCrazedMuslim. IMO a parasite that adapted perfectly to tread over the PCness of his culture.

Of course, I can not get myself to blame BCM. I can only blame the environment that allows him to get away with what he gets away with.

Now is CEOM too PC? I think they (and we) have a problem that muslims love to swear. It is inherent in a muslim to swear and use smilies. A muslim that does not swear is like a fish that can breath air. He exists, but he is so damn rare.

As long as he addresses muslims, he can get away without swearing (at the muslims) but as soon as he gets questioned or put on the spot, then it is One swear after another. Should we tolerate that? or should we just ban it on both sides?

Just because PB and me like to swear every now and then, do I have to allow a muslim who likes to swears ALL the time?

KF, you mentioned that PC leads to Tyranny, and I agree. I am however tempted to ban swearing all together, not because I am a nice leftist, but because I am a tyrant and I prefer to take away the weapons of choice of my opponent.

If my opponent is stupid enough that he can not walk a step without swearing (Tourette), then shouldn't I take away that option from the table? I know I can survive debates as I make my points without swearing, can he?

If I ban swearing for my own pragmatic reasons, am I PC?


Banning swearing is not necessarily PC, but even that might be subjective and full of the same traps.  Just using a "swear word" from the official list of swear words might be too simplistic.  If I say, "What the fuck was that all about?" is that swearing?  If I say, "You fucking idiot," that is probably swearing, but it is also an insult.  The first example was simply an exclamation using a swear word.  So we are back to what is an insult and what is not?  As I have said before, I do not think there is any objective criteria that can be applied, so it is a matter of the whim of the enforcer.

In American radio broadcasting, the FCC has an official list of seven words that cannot be broadcast, so people who use them are automatically censored regardless of how they are used or intended.  However, the broadcaster has a censor listening to every word, and the broadcast has a built in delay sufficient for the censor to bleep out the word.  You can't do that on a forum because the software can't determine that f**k (or any of its endless variations) is really one of the prohibited words.

I think it all comes down to the judgment of a human being, and that judgment will have flaws.
Baal

ixolite wrote:
The aims of FFI and CoEM are different. FFI wants to educate about Islam, CoEM wants to help apostates. That they try and have a different approach is understandable, the future will tell how (or if) it works out.

As for the rest: Everyone makes mistakes and eventually one will learn from them.

True, One is for handling Islam and one is for handling muslims.
Baal

kafir forever wrote:
Baal wrote:
Well, they had been praying to the PC gods (SG) and they got themselves a PC curse. Let us see how they will deal with BloodCrazedMuslim. IMO a parasite that adapted perfectly to tread over the PCness of his culture.

Of course, I can not get myself to blame BCM. I can only blame the environment that allows him to get away with what he gets away with.

Now is CEOM too PC? I think they (and we) have a problem that muslims love to swear. It is inherent in a muslim to swear and use smilies. A muslim that does not swear is like a fish that can breath air. He exists, but he is so damn rare.

As long as he addresses muslims, he can get away without swearing (at the muslims) but as soon as he gets questioned or put on the spot, then it is One swear after another. Should we tolerate that? or should we just ban it on both sides?

Just because PB and me like to swear every now and then, do I have to allow a muslim who likes to swears ALL the time?

KF, you mentioned that PC leads to Tyranny, and I agree. I am however tempted to ban swearing all together, not because I am a nice leftist, but because I am a tyrant and I prefer to take away the weapons of choice of my opponent.

If my opponent is stupid enough that he can not walk a step without swearing (Tourette), then shouldn't I take away that option from the table? I know I can survive debates as I make my points without swearing, can he?

If I ban swearing for my own pragmatic reasons, am I PC?


Banning swearing is not necessarily PC, but even that might be subjective and full of the same traps.  Just using a "swear word" from the official list of swear words might be too simplistic.  If I say, "What the fuck was that all about?" is that swearing?  If I say, "You fucking idiot," that is probably swearing, but it is also an insult.  The first example was simply an exclamation using a swear word.  So we are back to what is an insult and what is not?  As I have said before, I do not think there is any objective criteria that can be applied, so it is a matter of the whim of the enforcer.

In American radio broadcasting, the FCC has an official list of seven words that cannot be broadcast, so people who use them are automatically censored regardless of how they are used or intended.  However, the broadcaster has a censor listening to every word, and the broadcast has a built in delay sufficient for the censor to bleep out the word.  You can't do that on a forum because the software can't determine that f**k (or any of its endless variations) is really one of the prohibited words.

I think it all comes down to the judgment of a human being, and that judgment will have flaws.

From my experience in handling muslims. Even (Specially) cutsy insults would be banned. Words like (listen idiot) and (very dumb of you) and (you are silly) will be just as banned as (fuck you and your old lady too).

Of course my problem is not someone going on "What the fuck". My problem will be "fuck Mohammad". Technically that person did not swear at another forummer. He just swore at PBUH. Can I allow this?

What if the forummer said "Mohammad is a childfvcker" and he said it, while defending his position with hadith. How can I reconcile this with "fuck mohammad"?

And if I allow "Mohammad is a childbanger" for someone, how can I later tell Mrs.Westerner not to use that term every second post she makes?
kafir forever

Baal wrote:
kafir forever wrote:
Baal wrote:
Well, they had been praying to the PC gods (SG) and they got themselves a PC curse. Let us see how they will deal with BloodCrazedMuslim. IMO a parasite that adapted perfectly to tread over the PCness of his culture.

Of course, I can not get myself to blame BCM. I can only blame the environment that allows him to get away with what he gets away with.

Now is CEOM too PC? I think they (and we) have a problem that muslims love to swear. It is inherent in a muslim to swear and use smilies. A muslim that does not swear is like a fish that can breath air. He exists, but he is so damn rare.

As long as he addresses muslims, he can get away without swearing (at the muslims) but as soon as he gets questioned or put on the spot, then it is One swear after another. Should we tolerate that? or should we just ban it on both sides?

Just because PB and me like to swear every now and then, do I have to allow a muslim who likes to swears ALL the time?

KF, you mentioned that PC leads to Tyranny, and I agree. I am however tempted to ban swearing all together, not because I am a nice leftist, but because I am a tyrant and I prefer to take away the weapons of choice of my opponent.

If my opponent is stupid enough that he can not walk a step without swearing (Tourette), then shouldn't I take away that option from the table? I know I can survive debates as I make my points without swearing, can he?

If I ban swearing for my own pragmatic reasons, am I PC?


Banning swearing is not necessarily PC, but even that might be subjective and full of the same traps.  Just using a "swear word" from the official list of swear words might be too simplistic.  If I say, "What the fuck was that all about?" is that swearing?  If I say, "You fucking idiot," that is probably swearing, but it is also an insult.  The first example was simply an exclamation using a swear word.  So we are back to what is an insult and what is not?  As I have said before, I do not think there is any objective criteria that can be applied, so it is a matter of the whim of the enforcer.

In American radio broadcasting, the FCC has an official list of seven words that cannot be broadcast, so people who use them are automatically censored regardless of how they are used or intended.  However, the broadcaster has a censor listening to every word, and the broadcast has a built in delay sufficient for the censor to bleep out the word.  You can't do that on a forum because the software can't determine that f**k (or any of its endless variations) is really one of the prohibited words.

I think it all comes down to the judgment of a human being, and that judgment will have flaws.

From my experience in handling muslims. Even (Specially) cutsy insults would be banned. Words like (listen idiot) and (very dumb of you) and (you are silly) will be just as banned as (fuck you and your old lady too).

Of course my problem is not someone going on "What the fuck". My problem will be "fuck Mohammad". Technically that person did not swear at another forummer. He just swore at PBUH. Can I allow this?

What if the forummer said "Mohammad is a childfvcker" and he said it, while defending his position with hadith. How can I reconcile this with "fuck mohammad"?

And if I allow "Mohammad is a childbanger" for someone, how can I later tell Mrs.Westerner not to use that term every second post she makes?


You gave some great examples of why I think the policy cannot be enforced unless certain words and their variations are disallowed.

I don't think the cutsy insults should be banned, though.  It is too hard to decide what should and shouldn't be banned.  Would you ban or allow, "Your IQ is below room temperature."  How about, "You are an idiot."  If so, then how about, "I think your opinion is idiotic."  In the first "idot" insult, the person is the target.  In the second, it is the opinion, but the second is just a way to avoid saying the first.
Baal

kafir forever wrote:

You gave some great examples of why I think the policy cannot be enforced unless certain words and their variations are disallowed.

Yes but which words can i ban? "Muhammad loves kids, under his blanket".

kafir forever wrote:

I don't think the cutsy insults should be banned, though.  It is too hard to decide what should and shouldn't be banned.

Yes but who uses them 10 times more then anyone else?

kafir forever wrote:

Would you ban or allow, "Your IQ is below room temperature."  How about, "You are an idiot."  If so, then how about, "I think your opinion is idiotic."  In the first "idot" insult, the person is the target.  In the second, it is the opinion, but the second is just a way to avoid saying the first.

Well "you are an idiot" had had some bad effects in COEM as PB will testify. Also the whole slew of bannings in FFI started with "you are an idiot". But screw that, I have no problem calling people idiot and being called one. I believe Ali and the COEM mods should not mod if they can not control "You are an idiot".

My reason for considering control of the insults is unfortunately a little more insidious then people's sensibilities. Now the "IQ below room temperature" and "I think your opinion is idiotic" makes it a little more complicated.

PS: So is an IQ above room temperature that much higher?
kafir forever

Baal wrote:
kafir forever wrote:

You gave some great examples of why I think the policy cannot be enforced unless certain words and their variations are disallowed.

Yes but which words can i ban? "Muhammad loves kids, under his blanket"
kafir forever wrote:

I don't think the cutsy insults should be banned, though.  It is too hard to decide what should and shouldn't be banned.

Yes but who uses them 10 times more then anyone else?

kafir forever wrote:

Would you ban or allow, "Your IQ is below room temperature."  How about, "You are an idiot."  If so, then how about, "I think your opinion is idiotic."  In the first "idot" insult, the person is the target.  In the second, it is the opinion, but the second is just a way to avoid saying the first.

Well "you are an idiot" had had some bad effects in COEM as PB will testify. Also the whole slew of bannings in FFI started with "you are an idiot". But screw that, I have no problem calling people idiot and being called one. I believe Ali and the COEM mods should not mod if they can not control "You are an idiot".

My reason for considering control of the insults is unfortunately a little more insidious then people's sensibilities. Now the "IQ below room temperature" and "I think your opinion is idiotic" makes it a little more complicated.

PS: So is an IQ above room temperature that much higher?


Baal, I do not envy your role in this.  I understand that your control of insults has a goal that goes beyond basic civility, which only makes it harder.  I do not have a solution because, IMO, the situation is self-contradictory -- there is no solution.
All_Brains

Welcome PB! Very Happy
Psycho Bunny

Thank You All_Brains

Good luck with the baby!
Radagast

Baal wrote:
kafir forever wrote:

You gave some great examples of why I think the policy cannot be enforced unless certain words and their variations are disallowed.

Yes but which words can i ban? "Muhammad loves kids, under his blanket".

kafir forever wrote:

I don't think the cutsy insults should be banned, though.  It is too hard to decide what should and shouldn't be banned.

Yes but who uses them 10 times more then anyone else?

kafir forever wrote:

Would you ban or allow, "Your IQ is below room temperature."  How about, "You are an idiot."  If so, then how about, "I think your opinion is idiotic."  In the first "idot" insult, the person is the target.  In the second, it is the opinion, but the second is just a way to avoid saying the first.

Well "you are an idiot" had had some bad effects in COEM as PB will testify. Also the whole slew of bannings in FFI started with "you are an idiot". But screw that, I have no problem calling people idiot and being called one. I believe Ali and the COEM mods should not mod if they can not control "You are an idiot".

My reason for considering control of the insults is unfortunately a little more insidious then people's sensibilities. Now the "IQ below room temperature" and "I think your opinion is idiotic" makes it a little more complicated.

PS: So is an IQ above room temperature that much higher?

The issue in my view, is intent. And intent is much harder to prove than it may seem.

I also think we should not hold the FFI example of "You are an idiot" as a typical example. I don't think it is widely supported.

However, I feel that the use of words is over simplistically judged so as to punish those that are not in favor, for other reasons than the use of the word. Having fallen foul of that, I feel that the fine line between freedom of expression and crossing the line is not appreciated as it should. But then, who drew that line anyway...

Like they say... you can only insults your friends. Otherwise, you get a fist up your nose.
Psycho Bunny

Finally banned from CEMB!!!!

For revealing a threatening PM by that prick Osmanthus.
Baal

Would you care to reveal that PM again?
Psycho Bunny

Quote:
Really. Thanks for the ever so civil response. Well,frankly, after all your victim-playing and attempted threats about pissing into tents, not to mention the constant little attempts at sniping, etc ,etc, etc I'm not sure I believe you. In fact I'm bloody sure I don't.
It looks very much to me like an attempt at stalking. You do not get to bring your petty little vendetta off forum and into my private life. I was the only staff member keeping you here and you go and try to fuck me around. Bad move.
Anti-Jihad

Psycho Bunny wrote:
Quote:
Really. Thanks for the ever so civil response. Well,frankly, after all your victim-playing and attempted threats about pissing into tents, not to mention the constant little attempts at sniping, etc ,etc, etc I'm not sure I believe you. In fact I'm bloody sure I don't.
It looks very much to me like an attempt at stalking. You do not get to bring your petty little vendetta off forum and into my private life. I was the only staff member keeping you here and you go and try to fuck me around. Bad move.


Its time both you guys, PB and Baal come back to FFI, so I don't have to go to CeMB to read your posts. Come on guys.... please ....
Psycho Bunny

Well there are certainly people I have missed at FFI.

Humanist, Ariel, HumanDecency, yourself and others. And especially after the way I was called a shallow traitor by Berberella when I said I was thinking of apologising to Ali Sina and returning to FFI.

I think if I return I may be more careful about getting "too involved" with forum dramas.

I don't know why Baal was banned from FFI - so I don't know what he has to do to get back in.
Baal

Berbs left FFI because of me, it would be hard (impossible) for me to just patch things up with Ali without her on board as well. We are (or at least I am) stuck in a patch of loyalties, which I am discovering is even worse then pride.

I wish I did not involve Berb but I did, and now I can not make a move without her as well. And if I involve you anti-jihad as a peacemaker, maybe he will ban you as well which will complicate things further.

It was Sina's decision to wear the "Banning Boots", now it is mostly up to him to solve that puzzle. I am flexible, I forgave people for much worse things, and had people forgive me for much worse things.
kafir forever

Baal,
Just curious.  Does that mean you asked Berbs to mediate between you and Ali, and in response, he banned her, too?

If you don't want to say more, just say so.
Baal

kafir forever wrote:
Baal,
Just curious.  Does that mean you asked Berbs to mediate between you and Ali, and in response, he banned her, too?

If you don't want to say more, just say so.

Pretty much. She was also talking on behalf of everyone else. And couple people also got themselves banned as a result.

Frankly, what I told Ali was in reaction to Cheetah being banned. Just like people told him things in reaction to me getting banned. One of those "Better be dead then live as a slave" moments.
Psycho Bunny

I think the Ali Sina issue was silly. I don't know why he brought up UFOs/Aliens with such a passion. If he was less evangelical about it it would not have got so out of hand,

But I also think that the CEMB forum is more silly in its painful attempts to be PC, and it exposes so perfectly how some people who cry "victim" are just bullies at heart. The hypocrisies of the moderating team disgusted me beforer I was made to leave.

I have not been eavesdropping there as I think it is a ship of fools heading for a maelstrom. I just hope they get some serious Islamists spamming their site, as happened constantly at FFI. Then they may have to seriously work out who their true enemies really are, rather than ganging up on people who don't take their bullying crap lying down.
raghy

Hi Psycho Bunny,

Nice to see you here. Although not a frequent vistor, I do visit here now and again. I don't post much here (There is a ton to read though!).
Fathom

Psycho Bunny wrote:
I think the Ali Sina issue was silly. I don't know why he brought up UFOs/Aliens with such a passion. If he was less evangelical about it it would not have got so out of hand,

But I also think that the CEMB forum is more silly in its painful attempts to be PC, and it exposes so perfectly how some people who cry "victim" are just bullies at heart. The hypocrisies of the moderating team disgusted me beforer I was made to leave.

I have not been eavesdropping there as I think it is a ship of fools heading for a maelstrom. I just hope they get some serious Islamists spamming their site, as happened constantly at FFI. Then they may have to seriously work out who their true enemies really are, rather than ganging up on people who don't take their bullying crap lying down.


Bunny, listen.

The point really wasn't about people being stupid because they didn't believe in UFOs/Aliens. What many people do not realize about that thread is that it was actually an exercise. Let me explain.

At that time, Ali Sina was working on his article entitled "Dare to Doubt." Not sure if you read that article, but it involved the virtues of people learning to doubt everything they think they know, with a special emphasis on religion.

Ali Sina knew what kind of reaction he was going to get when he started that UFO thread. He intentionally posted youTube videos that were so obviously fake, and then made you and others believe that he took them very seriously. Why? Because he was creating an exercise to challenge his "friends" to debate him well enough to give him reason to doubt.

He was trying to make a point, and it really didn't have much to do with whether or not he believed in UFOs and aliens. Yet, what he demonstrated was how those who were so against the UFO beliefs were not so much unlike how the Muslims are in their beliefs in Islam.

You see, he intentionally chose the UFO situation because he knew it would be very controversial and would split the debaters, pitting many against many. He took up the position similar to a Muslim, and challenged everyone to disprove his beliefs. What resulted was what you seen for yourself; insults, lack of investigation, and poor debating skills.

Ali Sina demonstrated that his "friends" were no different in their beliefs about UFOs and aliens than the Muslims were about Islam and Muhammad.

So what he was doing was "Daring you to Doubt." He dared everyone to doubt what they believed about UFOs and Aliens, but hardly anyone could see what he was doing.

I seen it almost immediately. I knew something was up as soon as he started posting some obviously fake videos and presenting illogical arguments for their authenticity. I have read enough of Ali Sina's articles to know that what he was doing was uncharacteristic of him, because he is very strong in presenting logical discourse.

So the only option left was that he was doing it on purpose, and for a purpose. But despite his repeated requests for the insults to stop, they simply didn't. The thread got so out of hand that its existence was being leaked out to the public, and people who were supposedly his "friends" decided to ridicule him instead of actually reading what he was clearly saying in that thread.

Does Ali Sina believe in UFOs and Aliens? He thinks it's possible is all. But that thread was never about UFOs and aliens.

And that's a fact.
Psycho Bunny

Thanks Fathom

That is an interesting explanation that makes sense of what happened.

However, what I find from my perspective as a British person is that too many people in my country and its contiguous nations in the EU have not only learned to "Dare to Doubt" - but that they have now made doubt into an article of unswerving belief.

Dare to doubt your nation's value -
Dare to doubt your nation's heritage
Dare to doubt the worth of your nation any more in the present or future
Dare to doubt everything your parents and grandparents believed in
Dare to doubt that your fears of Islamism are real......

It is always useful to not become too dogmatic, too clinging to one's cherished mantras and nostrums - but I am sorry to say that there must be some principle, some over-arching moral certainties that one should never doubt - UNTIL coherent evidence has been presented in front of one to doubt that "certain belief". WIthout our certain beliefs in our own self-worth we are nothing, we lose our souls and our culture.

In Britain and elsewhere in the PC, multicultural spineless West, people are daring to doubt all aspecpts of their culture's value, without having any evidence whatsoever that their culture is wrong. They do not rally history or science to support their belief that Britain was "colonialist" so it is automatically bad, and certainly do not trust history or science to question whether the colonialist expansions of Islamism are any better - but they automatically believe that if it is not Western, it automatically "must be good".

The mantra is afoot, and stalking the land - that "All cultures are equal" - even when that culture is something so intransigent and 7th century as Islam - or some animist African belief that is riddled with base superstitions.

In America, people dare to doubt that their own governments have their best interests at heart.

In almost all these cases, where doubt is introduced, a bizarre certainty in the exact opposite belief comes into play - American Ufologists and "abductees" are CONVINCED their government a) has something to hide, and/or b) is working against them, probably being in cahoots with an Alien species.

In Europe's multicultural wasteland the host culture - by the very nature of its previous successes - must de facto be exploitative, racist and other "ists" that do not deserve to be respected today. The populace and its idiot psephologists and media manipulators are encouraging people to believe that being "oppressed" or part of a minority is automatically "good" or "virtuous" - a preposterous notion that has no innate logic, but has become a new article of unswerving belief.

And while people are running around feeling guilty about having any treasured principles or values, and all their certainties from history have been undermined by sloppy revisionists, the marrow of our cultures has been sapped and drained, and we are becoming brittle and weakened as people - made ready for our ultimate demise at the hands of any alien horde - be it a population with an immigrant (or extraterrestrial) or medieval outlook.

All minorities are welcome to be treated as our cultural superiors and equals - except for members of our own culture and for Jews. If they are Jewish, they must have something to do with Israel and automatically be responsible for oppressing those "poor Palestinians". The Palestinians automatically get everyone's support because their crappy Qassam rockets which they fire every day at Israel are not as effective as the far fewer Israeli missiles which are occasionally targeted back at "Palestinian lands and people".

And as far as I am concerned, I have seen "daring to doubt" become an excuse to "fear to believe". And "daring to doubt" has undermined the mettle of the West like a cancer eats away at healthy tissue, replacing it with something that is dense, amorphous and ultimately fatal to the body politic.

And I believe that it is time to draw a line in the sand - to say "No longer". Because unless people discover some sense of trust in their forefathers' ambitions values and intentions - even if their ancestors may have made a few mistakes along the way - we in the West are doomed.

We deliberately use this "certainty of doubt" to make our culture and traditions look bad - while elevating other cultures and beliefs which have no history of intellectual or libertarian progress as our culture has done. These rigid and inflexible foreign ideologies/religions, which have produced no history of doubt or questioning in their own societies are accorded the ultimate respect by our Quislings, who denigrate our own culture, and weaken it with the cancer of self-doubt.

I am aware that I am probably ranting, but I hope you get what I mean.

Anyway - I have rejoined FFI now anyway, and apologised to Ali for being rude.

At least Ali allows others to express opinions that are different to his own - unlike Berbs and that slimy megalomaniac cunt Osmanthus at CEMB.
Fathom

Psycho Bunny wrote:
Thanks Fathom

That is an interesting explanation that makes sense of what happened.

However, what I find from my perspective as a British person is that too many people in my country and its contiguous nations in the EU have not only learned to "Dare to Doubt" - but that they have now made doubt into an article of unswerving belief.

Dare to doubt your nation's value -
Dare to doubt your nation's heritage
Dare to doubt the worth of your nation any more in the present or future
Dare to doubt everything your parents and grandparents believed in
Dare to doubt that your fears of Islamism are real......

It is always useful to not become too dogmatic, too clinging to one's cherished mantras and nostrums - but I am sorry to say that there must be some principle, some over-arching moral certainties that one should never doubt - UNTIL coherent evidence has been presented in front of one to doubt that "certain belief". WIthout our certain beliefs in our own self-worth we are nothing, we lose our souls and our culture.

In Britain and elsewhere in the PC, multicultural spineless West, people are daring to doubt all aspecpts of their culture's value, without having any evidence whatsoever that their culture is wrong. They do not rally history or science to support their belief that Britain was "colonialist" so it is automatically bad, and certainly do not trust history or science to question whether the colonialist expansions of Islamism are any better - but they automatically believe that if it is not Western, it automatically "must be good".

The mantra is afoot, and stalking the land - that "All cultures are equal" - even when that culture is something so intransigent and 7th century as Islam - or some animist African belief that is riddled with base superstitions.

In America, people dare to doubt that their own governments have their best interests at heart.

In almost all these cases, where doubt is introduced, a bizarre certainty in the exact opposite belief comes into play - American Ufologists and "abductees" are CONVINCED their government a) has something to hide, and/or b) is working against them, probably being in cahoots with an Alien species.

In Europe's multicultural wasteland the host culture - by the very nature of its previous successes - must de facto be exploitative, racist and other "ists" that do not deserve to be respected today. The populace and its idiot psephologists and media manipulators are encouraging people to believe that being "oppressed" or part of a minority is automatically "good" or "virtuous" - a preposterous notion that has no innate logic, but has become a new article of unswerving belief.

And while people are running around feeling guilty about having any treasured principles or values, and all their certainties from history have been undermined by sloppy revisionists, the marrow of our cultures has been sapped and drained, and we are becoming brittle and weakened as people - made ready for our ultimate demise at the hands of any alien horde - be it a population with an immigrant (or extraterrestrial) or medieval outlook.

All minorities are welcome to be treated as our cultural superiors and equals - except for members of our own culture and for Jews. If they are Jewish, they must have something to do with Israel and automatically be responsible for oppressing those "poor Palestinians". The Palestinians automatically get everyone's support because their crappy Qassam rockets which they fire every day at Israel are not as effective as the far fewer Israeli missiles which are occasionally targeted back at "Palestinian lands and people".

And as far as I am concerned, I have seen "daring to doubt" become an excuse to "fear to believe". And "daring to doubt" has undermined the mettle of the West like a cancer eats away at healthy tissue, replacing it with something that is dense, amorphous and ultimately fatal to the body politic.

And I believe that it is time to draw a line in the sand - to say "No longer". Because unless people discover some sense of trust in their forefathers' ambitions values and intentions - even if their ancestors may have made a few mistakes along the way - we in the West are doomed.

We deliberately use this "certainty of doubt" to make our culture and traditions look bad - while elevating other cultures and beliefs which have no history of intellectual or libertarian progress as our culture has done. These rigid and inflexible foreign ideologies/religions, which have produced no history of doubt or questioning in their own societies are accorded the ultimate respect by our Quislings, who denigrate our own culture, and weaken it with the cancer of self-doubt.

I am aware that I am probably ranting, but I hope you get what I mean.

Anyway - I have rejoined FFI now anyway, and apologised to Ali for being rude.

At least Ali allows others to express opinions that are different to his own - unlike Berbs and that slimy megalomaniac cunt Osmanthus at CEMB.


Very well articulated. Why is it that we do not see you contributing articles at FFI when it is so obvious that you have more than the average share of clues?

What has become clear to me is that both "daring to doubt" and "not being afraid to believe" both have their stations in our lives, and when tempered with balance, we can find sure footing on the high wire of abductive reasoning.

Thank you for your enlightening response.
They call me Tater Salad

Fathom wrote:
Psycho Bunny wrote:
Thanks Fathom

That is an interesting explanation that makes sense of what happened.

However, what I find from my perspective as a British person is that too many people in my country and its contiguous nations in the EU have not only learned to "Dare to Doubt" - but that they have now made doubt into an article of unswerving belief.

Dare to doubt your nation's value -
Dare to doubt your nation's heritage
Dare to doubt the worth of your nation any more in the present or future
Dare to doubt everything your parents and grandparents believed in
Dare to doubt that your fears of Islamism are real......

It is always useful to not become too dogmatic, too clinging to one's cherished mantras and nostrums - but I am sorry to say that there must be some principle, some over-arching moral certainties that one should never doubt - UNTIL coherent evidence has been presented in front of one to doubt that "certain belief". WIthout our certain beliefs in our own self-worth we are nothing, we lose our souls and our culture.

In Britain and elsewhere in the PC, multicultural spineless West, people are daring to doubt all aspecpts of their culture's value, without having any evidence whatsoever that their culture is wrong. They do not rally history or science to support their belief that Britain was "colonialist" so it is automatically bad, and certainly do not trust history or science to question whether the colonialist expansions of Islamism are any better - but they automatically believe that if it is not Western, it automatically "must be good".

The mantra is afoot, and stalking the land - that "All cultures are equal" - even when that culture is something so intransigent and 7th century as Islam - or some animist African belief that is riddled with base superstitions.

In America, people dare to doubt that their own governments have their best interests at heart.

In almost all these cases, where doubt is introduced, a bizarre certainty in the exact opposite belief comes into play - American Ufologists and "abductees" are CONVINCED their government a) has something to hide, and/or b) is working against them, probably being in cahoots with an Alien species.

In Europe's multicultural wasteland the host culture - by the very nature of its previous successes - must de facto be exploitative, racist and other "ists" that do not deserve to be respected today. The populace and its idiot psephologists and media manipulators are encouraging people to believe that being "oppressed" or part of a minority is automatically "good" or "virtuous" - a preposterous notion that has no innate logic, but has become a new article of unswerving belief.

And while people are running around feeling guilty about having any treasured principles or values, and all their certainties from history have been undermined by sloppy revisionists, the marrow of our cultures has been sapped and drained, and we are becoming brittle and weakened as people - made ready for our ultimate demise at the hands of any alien horde - be it a population with an immigrant (or extraterrestrial) or medieval outlook.

All minorities are welcome to be treated as our cultural superiors and equals - except for members of our own culture and for Jews. If they are Jewish, they must have something to do with Israel and automatically be responsible for oppressing those "poor Palestinians". The Palestinians automatically get everyone's support because their crappy Qassam rockets which they fire every day at Israel are not as effective as the far fewer Israeli missiles which are occasionally targeted back at "Palestinian lands and people".

And as far as I am concerned, I have seen "daring to doubt" become an excuse to "fear to believe". And "daring to doubt" has undermined the mettle of the West like a cancer eats away at healthy tissue, replacing it with something that is dense, amorphous and ultimately fatal to the body politic.

And I believe that it is time to draw a line in the sand - to say "No longer". Because unless people discover some sense of trust in their forefathers' ambitions values and intentions - even if their ancestors may have made a few mistakes along the way - we in the West are doomed.

We deliberately use this "certainty of doubt" to make our culture and traditions look bad - while elevating other cultures and beliefs which have no history of intellectual or libertarian progress as our culture has done. These rigid and inflexible foreign ideologies/religions, which have produced no history of doubt or questioning in their own societies are accorded the ultimate respect by our Quislings, who denigrate our own culture, and weaken it with the cancer of self-doubt.

I am aware that I am probably ranting, but I hope you get what I mean.

Anyway - I have rejoined FFI now anyway, and apologised to Ali for being rude.

At least Ali allows others to express opinions that are different to his own - unlike Berbs and that slimy megalomaniac cunt Osmanthus at CEMB.


Very well articulated. Why is it that we do not see you contributing articles at FFI when it is so obvious that you have more than the average share of clues?

What has become clear to me is that both "daring to doubt" and "not being afraid to believe" both have their stations in our lives, and when tempered with balance, we can find sure footing on the high wire of abductive reasoning.

Thank you for your enlightening response.


Dittoooo.....


Nice post, PB.
All_Brains

Hmmm...Thanks Fathom for confirming what I thought Ali was doing. Very interesting!

Sorry guys I have been very busy with my new clinic and several assignments, but I will be having a couple of assistants in a couple of weeks and will surely have some more time to spend here.

       FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
Home|Home|Home|Home|HomeHome|Home|Home|Home|Home