FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome
  • Guest

  • Main Menu
  • Sticky Articles
  • Open Support Tickets
God's Literal Words?
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> The Qur'an
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cosmicdancer
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 107



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: God's Literal Words?  Reply with quote

I just can't see one shred of evidence that would make me believe this book is the word of God.

Can you?

Smile
_________________
My Blog: http://abuali8881.blogspot.com/

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ibnishaq
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 155


Location: USA
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.

first off, go to quran search..
http://www.searchtruth.com/chapte...apter=1&translator=7&mac=

then, search the number of times "month" in singular form is used. it is used 12 times exactly.

then, search "dayS" plural and dual. it is used 30 times exactly.

then, search "day." if you exclude idhin it is used 365 times.

i am sorry, but i dont know how someone can just put that in a book and not get caught. plus it would be hard to do such in arabic in the first place.

now according to hadith the arab world said "if muhammad conquers the quranish then he is prophet." when muhammad conquered them, people covnerted to islam in drones which is why surah 110 was revealed. certainly, someone did not just make this up. for had they done so, the arab tribes would have yelled "kaththabun!" (liar i think)

i am bisexual and do not want to be muslim in all honesty. but i have not found anything that makes islam NOT gods words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
cosmicdancer
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 107



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of this makes me believ Ibn Ishaq (btw I am Omar Ahmad on FFI - though I don't post there any more)

But I have a Mu'jam mufahras li Alfaz al Qur'an in my hand so I can count all the words right now for you.

ibnishaq wrote:
search the number of times "month" in singular form is used. it is used 12 times exactly


Yes I make that 12 times.

ibnishaq wrote:
then, search "dayS" plural and dual. it is used 30 times exactly.


I make it 27 times.

ibnishaq wrote:
then, search "day." if you exclude idhin it is used 365 times.


I make it 364 (that was a pain - so I hope you appreciate the time I spent doing this for you)

Smile
_________________
My Blog: http://abuali8881.blogspot.com/

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tvebak
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 280


Location: Around
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: God's Literal Words? Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:
I just can't see one shred of evidence that would make me believe this book is the word of God.

Can you?

Smile


Hi CD

How about meteorites/"shooting flames"/"shooting stars" chasing jinns?

Cheers and peace
_________________
Yes, we have a "soul"; but it's made of lots of tiny robots. - Daniel Dennet

It's mine "." ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cosmicdancer
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 107



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: God's Literal Words? Reply with quote

Tvebak wrote:
cosmicdancer wrote:
I just can't see one shred of evidence that would make me believe this book is the word of God.

Can you?

Smile


Hi CD

How about meteorites/"shooting flames"/"shooting stars" chasing jinns?

Cheers and peace


Hi Tvebak,

Why should any of the above make me believe the Qur'an is the word of God?
_________________
My Blog: http://abuali8881.blogspot.com/

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tvebak
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 280


Location: Around
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: God's Literal Words? Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:
Tvebak wrote:
cosmicdancer wrote:
I just can't see one shred of evidence that would make me believe this book is the word of God.

Can you?

Smile


Hi CD

How about meteorites/"shooting flames"/"shooting stars" chasing jinns?

Cheers and peace


Hi Tvebak,

Why should any of the above make me believe the Qur'an is the word of God?


Hi CD

It was ironic. It should rather make you believe it is not the word of "god". But sorry if I confuse the topic.

Cheers and peace.
_________________
Yes, we have a "soul"; but it's made of lots of tiny robots. - Daniel Dennet

It's mine "." ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ibnishaq
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 155


Location: USA
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:
None of this makes me believ Ibn Ishaq (btw I am Omar Ahmad on FFI - though I don't post there any more)

But I have a Mu'jam mufahras li Alfaz al Qur'an in my hand so I can count all the words right now for you.

ibnishaq wrote:
search the number of times "month" in singular form is used. it is used 12 times exactly


Yes I make that 12 times.

ibnishaq wrote:
then, search "dayS" plural and dual. it is used 30 times exactly.


I make it 27 times.

ibnishaq wrote:
then, search "day." if you exclude idhin it is used 365 times.


I make it 364 (that was a pain - so I hope you appreciate the time I spent doing this for you)

Smile

wow you are such a great person! thank you for taking all that time to do such!

for the days 27- yes it is 27 but then add to 3 duals and it makes 30(if duals should even be included.)

you are arabic speaker majored in arabic in university right? so can i ask..
would it be hard for someone to make such up in arabic? and was it normal for arab poets to do such?

i suppose if it was the norm then it would not be a miracle at all.

also, i get day 365 times.

38 Alyawma 2:249 5:3 5:3 5:5 6:93 8:48 11:43 12:54 12:92 16:27 16:63 17:14 19:26 19:38 20:64 20:126 23:65 23:111 25:14 29:36 36:55 36:59 36:64 36:65 37:26 40:16 40:17 40:17 40:29 43:39 43:68 45:28 45:34 50:22 57:12 66:7 68:24 69:35
1 Alyawmi 76:11
2 Alyawmu 70:44 78:39
2 biAlyawmi 4:38 9:29
5 biyawmi 40:27 70:26 74:46 75:1 83:11
8 faAlyawma 7:51 10:92 34:42 36:54 45:35 46:20 57:15 83:34
4 liyawmi 21:47 38:53 64:9 77:13
4 liyawmiN 3:9 3:25 14:42 83:5
2 waAlyawma 33:21 60:6
21 waAlyawmi 2:62 2:126 2:177 2:228 2:232 2:264 3:114 4:39 4:59 4:136 4:162 5:69 9:18 9:19 9:44 9:45 9:99 24:2 58:22 65:2 85:2
1 wabiAlyawmi 2:8
44 wayawma 2:85 4:159 6:22 6:73 6:128 7:163 9:25 10:28 10:45 11:60 11:99 16:80 16:84 16:89 18:47 18:52 19:15 19:15 19:33 19:33 24:64 25:17 25:25 25:27 27:83 27:87 28:41 28:42 28:62 28:65 28:74 30:12 30:14 30:55 34:40 35:14 39:60 40:46 40:51 41:19 41:47 45:27 46:20 46:34
2 yawmAaN 2:48 2:123
133 yawma 2:113 2:174 2:212 3:30 3:77 3:106 3:155 3:161 3:166 3:180 3:185 3:194 4:109 4:141 5:109 6:73 6:141 6:158 7:32 7:53 7:163 7:172 8:41 8:41 9:3 9:35 9:36 10:60 10:93 11:8 11:98 11:105 14:41 14:44 14:48 16:25 16:27 16:80 16:92 16:111 16:124 17:13 17:52 17:71 17:97 18:105 19:15 19:33 19:38 19:39 19:85 19:95 20:100 20:101 20:102 20:124 21:104 22:2 22:9 22:17 22:69 23:16 24:24 25:22 25:69 26:82 26:87 26:88 28:61 29:13 29:25 29:55 32:25 32:29 33:44 33:66 38:26 39:15 39:24 39:31 39:47 39:67 40:15 40:16 40:18 40:32 40:33 40:52 41:40 42:7 42:45 44:10 44:16 44:40 44:41 45:17 46:35 50:30 50:41 50:42 50:44 51:13 52:9 52:13 52:46 54:6 54:48 56:56 57:12 57:13 58:6 58:7 58:18 60:3 64:9 66:8 68:42 70:8 70:43 73:14 78:17 78:18 78:38 78:40 79:6 79:35 79:46 80:34 82:15 82:19 83:6 86:9 101:4
14 yawmaNA 2:259 2:281 18:19 20:104 22:47 23:113 24:37 25:26 31:33 40:49 73:17 76:7 76:10 76:27
3 yawmayni 2:203 41:9 41:12
31 yawmi 1:4 3:55 4:87 5:14 5:36 5:64 6:12 7:14 7:167 9:77 15:35 15:36 15:38 17:58 17:62 23:100 26:189 28:71 28:72 30:56 37:144 38:16 38:78 38:79 38:81 40:30 45:26 46:5 54:19 62:9 68:39
28 yawmiN 2:259 6:15 7:59 9:108 10:15 11:3 11:26 11:84 14:18 18:19 19:37 22:55 23:113 26:38 26:135 26:155 26:156 26:189 32:5 34:30 39:13 43:65 46:21 55:29 56:50 70:4 77:12 90:14
16 yawmu 5:119 20:59 30:56 37:20 37:21 50:20 50:34 50:42 51:12 64:9 75:6 77:14 77:35 77:38 82:17 82:18
9 yawmuN 2:254 11:77 11:103 11:103 14:31 30:43 42:47 54:8 74:9
= 365! maybe i accidently added one!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
cosmicdancer
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 107



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibnishaq wrote:
wow you are such a great person! thank you for taking all that time to do such!

for the days 27- yes it is 27 but then add to 3 duals and it makes 30(if duals should even be included.)


I see absolutely no acceptable reason why duals should be accepted

ibnishaq wrote:
you are arabic speaker majored in arabic in university right? so can i ask..
would it be hard for someone to make such up in arabic? and was it normal for arab poets to do such?


The only literature before the Qur'an was poetry - and I never heard of such a thing. The obsession with numerical 'miracles' Rolling Eyes has only occured in the modern day and age - it is unheard of throughout Islamic history.

ibnishaq wrote:


also, i get day 365 times.


OK, well I will check my count again - when I get time.

But, you know Ibn Ishaq - it really means nothing. As one British politician once said, "There are Lies, then there are Damn lies, then there are statistics!"

Wink
_________________
My Blog: http://abuali8881.blogspot.com/

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ibnishaq
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 155


Location: USA
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only literature before the Qur'an was poetry - and I never heard of such a thing. The obsession with numerical 'miracles' Rolling Eyes has only occured in the modern day and age - it is unheard of throughout Islamic history.


so i guess it would be unlikely that someone just put it in there?

could it be coincidence? i mean what are the chances? lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
cosmicdancer
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 107



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibnishaq wrote:
Quote:
The only literature before the Qur'an was poetry - and I never heard of such a thing. The obsession with numerical 'miracles' Rolling Eyes has only occured in the modern day and age - it is unheard of throughout Islamic history.


so i guess it would be unlikely that someone just put it in there?

could it be coincidence? i mean what are the chances? lol


Coincidence seems the most likely answer Ibn Ishaq. Also I could look for 100 words that I want to add up to something significant - yet I only find 8 or 9.

If I tell people these 8 or 9 are miracles - that doesn't tell them that 90+ did not add up to anything.

I would definitely say coincidence (and as I say some are simply wrong as they depend on duals etc.. - I mean who says?)

But more important than all of this my brother - is the MEANING.

Do you believe the meaning - the words - the rules - that God will burn unbelievers in Hell - that God said you can hit your wife - that Gays should be killed etc etc...

If you believe all that - then you should remain a Muslim - and good luck to you my friend - I certainly have nothing against Muslims - much of my family are devout Muslims and I love them all.

But if you don't believe it - then stop playing games with yourself.

I think you know deep down what you believe and what you don't. You just want someone to say it for you. Well sorry my friend - you gotta make your own decision.

Peace & Blessings,

CD Smile


_________________
My Blog: http://abuali8881.blogspot.com/

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> The Qur'an All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
 
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum