FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome
  • Guest

  • Main Menu
  • Sticky Articles
  • Open Support Tickets
How can God be good?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> God
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Baal
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 445



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Baal wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
All_Brains wrote:
Great post Bob, it does provoke the brain cells.

But if you think like me that God does not exist, then the question becomes a lot simpler.

The definition of good is relative to the time, circumstances and side you're on when judging the attribute of good.

Based on the attributes of God confirmed by the Abrahamic trio, I can reach the conclusion that God is bad.


mate you have contradicted yourself big times

if you believe god does not exist, then you can not say he is bad or good, this is because he does noot exist for you, LOL


Ahmed, stick to translating Arabic and Koran. Steer clear from philosophy, it makes you sound like an infant.

If spiders the size of cats exist then humanity will be wiped out.

Oh look, I just contradicted myself big times. If I believe big spiders do not exist, how can I say if they are bad or good?


mister baal, some of the biggesr spiders are not poisonos, on the other hand some of the smallest snakes are real killers

your metaphor is dismissed, pal

As I said earlier, steer clear from philosophy, it makes you appear dim and lost.

My metaphor was about: "How we are capable of discussing and criticizing subjects that we do not believe exist. "

You childishly accused careperson of contradicting himself "Big Time" just because he theorized about a god he does not believe in.

Whether you understood the concept and was just trying to derail the thread, which is the probable case, or whether you do possess the wisdom of an infant, is irrelevant. The end result is that you got caught saying something childish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
All_Brains
Master Administrator
Master Administrator


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 632



Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baal wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
Baal wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
All_Brains wrote:
Great post Bob, it does provoke the brain cells.

But if you think like me that God does not exist, then the question becomes a lot simpler.

The definition of good is relative to the time, circumstances and side you're on when judging the attribute of good.

Based on the attributes of God confirmed by the Abrahamic trio, I can reach the conclusion that God is bad.


mate you have contradicted yourself big times

if you believe god does not exist, then you can not say he is bad or good, this is because he does noot exist for you, LOL


Ahmed, stick to translating Arabic and Koran. Steer clear from philosophy, it makes you sound like an infant.

If spiders the size of cats exist then humanity will be wiped out.

Oh look, I just contradicted myself big times. If I believe big spiders do not exist, how can I say if they are bad or good?


mister baal, some of the biggesr spiders are not poisonos, on the other hand some of the smallest snakes are real killers

your metaphor is dismissed, pal

As I said earlier, steer clear from philosophy, it makes you appear dim and lost.

My metaphor was about: "How we are capable of discussing and criticizing subjects that we do not believe exist. "

You childishly accused careperson of contradicting himself "Big Time" just because he theorized about a god he does not believe in.

Whether you understood the concept and was just trying to derail the thread, which is the probable case, or whether you do possess the wisdom of an infant, is irrelevant. The end result is that you got caught saying something childish.


Hey Baal

He was actually responding to my post, not careperson's.

Ahmed

I don't think Count Dracula exists in reality, but I can tell you that based on his conduct that he represents evil.

I am also judging Allah's character based on his "alleged" book and I have unfortunately reached this same conclusion, that of Count Dracula!!!

This judgment led me to NOT believe in him, because if there was a creator to this world then he'd not posses the attributes of common thug. I am afraid the attributes of this God does not transcend above the normal daily atrocities, which we witness every day!
_________________
A little boy prayed for a bike. Then he realized God doesn't work that way so he stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
www.all-brains.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Golden Member
Golden Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 671


Location: Australia
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tvebak wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
All_Brains wrote:
Great post Bob, it does provoke the brain cells.

But if you think like me that God does not exist, then the question becomes a lot simpler.

The definition of good is relative to the time, circumstances and side you're on when judging the attribute of good.

Based on the attributes of God confirmed by the Abrahamic trio, I can reach the conclusion that God is bad.


mate you have contradicted yourself big times

if you believe god does not exist, then you can not say he is bad or good, this is because he does noot exist for you, LOL


LOL sure he can judge the figure being described in the abrahamic doctrines. There's no contradiction there. I don't believe that Jafar (from Aladin) existed, but I can still argue that I find the figure, being described, as an evil person.

So based on the attributes of the "god" confirmed by the Abrahamic trio, All_Brain can reach to the conslusion that "god" (as atributed in the Abrahanic trio) is bad.

Peace



can I ask ya, what is your religion?

you sound like a jew, is that right?
_________________
And say: Truth has arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is bound to perish.
[The Quran ; 17:81]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Golden Member
Golden Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 671


Location: Australia
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baal wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
Baal wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
All_Brains wrote:
Great post Bob, it does provoke the brain cells.

But if you think like me that God does not exist, then the question becomes a lot simpler.

The definition of good is relative to the time, circumstances and side you're on when judging the attribute of good.

Based on the attributes of God confirmed by the Abrahamic trio, I can reach the conclusion that God is bad.


mate you have contradicted yourself big times

if you believe god does not exist, then you can not say he is bad or good, this is because he does noot exist for you, LOL


Ahmed, stick to translating Arabic and Koran. Steer clear from philosophy, it makes you sound like an infant.

If spiders the size of cats exist then humanity will be wiped out.

Oh look, I just contradicted myself big times. If I believe big spiders do not exist, how can I say if they are bad or good?


mister baal, some of the biggesr spiders are not poisonos, on the other hand some of the smallest snakes are real killers

your metaphor is dismissed, pal

As I said earlier, steer clear from philosophy, it makes you appear dim and lost.

My metaphor was about: "How we are capable of discussing and criticizing subjects that we do not believe exist. "

You childishly accused careperson of contradicting himself "Big Time" just because he theorized about a god he does not believe in.

Whether you understood the concept and was just trying to derail the thread, which is the probable case, or whether you do possess the wisdom of an infant, is irrelevant. The end result is that you got caught saying something childish.



mister baal

what i said to a_b has nothing to do with phlisophy, are you drunk or somethin?
_________________
And say: Truth has arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is bound to perish.
[The Quran ; 17:81]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tvebak
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 280


Location: Around
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Tvebak wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
All_Brains wrote:
Great post Bob, it does provoke the brain cells.

But if you think like me that God does not exist, then the question becomes a lot simpler.

The definition of good is relative to the time, circumstances and side you're on when judging the attribute of good.

Based on the attributes of God confirmed by the Abrahamic trio, I can reach the conclusion that God is bad.


mate you have contradicted yourself big times

if you believe god does not exist, then you can not say he is bad or good, this is because he does noot exist for you, LOL


LOL sure he can judge the figure being described in the abrahamic doctrines. There's no contradiction there. I don't believe that Jafar (from Aladin) existed, but I can still argue that I find the figure, being described, as an evil person.

So based on the attributes of the "god" confirmed by the Abrahamic trio, All_Brain can reach to the conslusion that "god" (as atributed in the Abrahanic trio) is bad.

Peace



can I ask ya, what is your religion?

you sound like a jew, is that right?


What!  are you seriously asking those questions?

If not, I don't get! Is it some special muslim humor?

But just in case you are being serious. Hell no. I do not believe in any religion, I do not believe in any "god". And honestly I thought you would have understood that by now.

Peace (or should I say shalom to satisfy your humor?)
_________________
Yes, we have a "soul"; but it's made of lots of tiny robots. - Daniel Dennet

It's mine "." ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AhmedBahgat
Golden Member
Golden Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 671


Location: Australia
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

so why you wrote God, g_d?
_________________
And say: Truth has arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is bound to perish.
[The Quran ; 17:81]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tvebak
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 280


Location: Around
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhmedBahgat wrote:
LOL

so why you wrote God, g_d?


Well if you have to know. Out of respect for you, which I will come back to. In my opinion the word "God" is being used to much, also in places where people are not refering to any "god", so that's the reason, that when I refer to the idea of "God", I write "god", cause my disbelieve is in concern of every understanding of a "god" or divine entity(ies) I see no reason to use the capital-G.
Now you seemed upset at a time, because I called the "god" described in Quran a bit sadistic. So therefore in some post, out of respect for fx you, I choose to write "g-d" or perhaps some times "g_d". If you had paid attention you would have seen that I write it with a little g, and that I foremost write "god", as I also have been doing in this thread, ie. the comment you responded to. And now that you are mentioning it, you havent answered my comment at the very place I used "g-d"/"g_d".

Peace

Wow this was a waste of time and space  Wink But I hope that I answered your conumdrums
_________________
Yes, we have a "soul"; but it's made of lots of tiny robots. - Daniel Dennet

It's mine "." ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AhmedBahgat
Golden Member
Golden Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 671


Location: Australia
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tvebak wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
LOL

so why you wrote God, g_d?


Well if you have to know. Out of respect for you, which I will come back to. In my opinion the word "God" is being used to much, also in places where people are not refering to any "god", so that's the reason, that when I refer to the idea of "God", I write "god", cause my disbelieve is in concern of every understanding of a "god" or divine entity(ies) I see no reason to use the capital-G.
Now you seemed upset at a time, because I called the "god" described in Quran a bit sadistic. So therefore in some post, out of respect for fx you, I choose to write "g-d" or perhaps some times "g_d". If you had paid attention you would have seen that I write it with a little g, and that I foremost write "god", as I also have been doing in this thread, ie. the comment you responded to. And now that you are mentioning it, you havent answered my comment at the very place I used "g-d"/"g_d".

Peace

Wow this was a waste of time and space  Wink But I hope that I answered your conumdrums


To be honest pal, I donlt give a dman what faith you follow, I was only concern because one of FI members raised that wonder regarding your comment:, you can read it in the following url:

http://www.free-islam.com/modules...rums&file=viewtopic&t=658
_________________
And say: Truth has arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is bound to perish.
[The Quran ; 17:81]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tvebak
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 280


Location: Around
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Tvebak wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
LOL

so why you wrote God, g_d?


Well if you have to know. Out of respect for you, which I will come back to. In my opinion the word "God" is being used to much, also in places where people are not refering to any "god", so that's the reason, that when I refer to the idea of "God", I write "god", cause my disbelieve is in concern of every understanding of a "god" or divine entity(ies) I see no reason to use the capital-G.
Now you seemed upset at a time, because I called the "god" described in Quran a bit sadistic. So therefore in some post, out of respect for fx you, I choose to write "g-d" or perhaps some times "g_d". If you had paid attention you would have seen that I write it with a little g, and that I foremost write "god", as I also have been doing in this thread, ie. the comment you responded to. And now that you are mentioning it, you havent answered my comment at the very place I used "g-d"/"g_d".

Peace

Wow this was a waste of time and space  Wink But I hope that I answered your conumdrums


To be honest pal, I donlt give a dman what faith you follow, I was only concern because one of FI members raised that wonder regarding your comment:, you can read it in the following url:

http://www.free-islam.com/modules...rums&file=viewtopic&t=658


Lol. He seems like a nice person  Wink  full of love.

But you can tell him that I'm an atheist and that I'm not able to fcuk myself. I'm sure he would be glad for the information.

Haven't there been any jews in the 4-5 years (I don't know how long, I'm guessing) you have posted on FFI? I thought it was "standard-knowledge" about judaism that many jews don't write the full name. Oh and by the way you posted it as a FFI-post, but of course it was originally made on FFI. But why don't you give any links, so the readers can get the full picture instead of your biased comments. I have wondered about this concerning your posts on FI for some time now. And you could also post my respond for your comment.

Peace
_________________
Yes, we have a "soul"; but it's made of lots of tiny robots. - Daniel Dennet

It's mine "." ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AhmedBahgat
Golden Member
Golden Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 671


Location: Australia
Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, will do add the links for this one and from now on to any copies I pass to my web site


_________________
And say: Truth has arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is bound to perish.
[The Quran ; 17:81]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FREE FAITH, EXPRESSION AND THOUGHT Forum Index -> God All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
 
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum