Joined: 17 Nov 2007
rated by members
|Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:14 pm Post subject: What makes Islam "the true religion"?
|I'm hoping this thread will be used by BMZ and Ahmed to advance their own ideas of Islam, for you never know who visits this forum and might BECOME a "New Convert". I post it here for that reason; also, because in the Islam-related threads, the topics tend to be specific and critical. A positive case standing on its own, is not easily found in those threads.
I genuinely want to see a thread where Muslims make their case without rebuttal, without emotion, and just address what FEATURES of Islam justify the claim that it is the "true religion".
This kind of topic cannot be posted at FFI or at some Islamic forum, because in neither case can you get the necessary objectivity. For in the one or the other, there will be those TRYING to convert you. Nowhere is there a simple presentation of the features of Islam which backs up its claim to be "the true religion".
So please start one here. Just the features of the faith. Not the mechanics like how to do ablution, prayer movements, but the THOUGHT BEHIND all of it.
Sample features to address (come up with your own, if you don't like these):
Please do not quote the Bible as you do this comparison, because neither of you know the Bible at all. I will have to correct you each time and I don't want to do that. Just stick to what you know, the Qu'ran -- when making comparisons, use IDEAS in other faiths, not their books.
- Spiritual life with God directly, its features and superiority versus all other faiths extant;
- spiritual life toward people, its features and superiority versus all other faiths extant;
- how the Islam religion makes the morals higher than would be normally human (for it must be admitted that morality is a human trait, even as self-consciousness is, endemic);
- how the CHARACTER of writing in Qu'ran is superior to any other alleged divine writ before it (and please, don't use writing in the sky or other claimed miracles, all holy books claim them);
- how the CHARACTER of "Allah" in Qu'ran is superior to any other alleged divine writ before it.
Actually, the idea I had for this thread is for just MUSLIMS to make their case, not for rebutting. I won't rebut you, UNLESS you misuse the Bible, because I have this 'thing' about poor scholarship. In which case, I'll only correct the misuse of the Bible, not rebut any contention you make about Islam. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy posting!
God needs no defending, and always begs the premise. For belief of any kind, always needs self-auditing.